Amina's Birthday Dinner @ Awesome Canteen, Taman Paramount

In early July this year, my coursemates and I celebrated Amina's 19th birthday in Awesome Canteen located near Paramount Garden. One of my coursemate, Maureen made a booking of six there. When I first heard the name of the place, I knew it is going to be some hipster cafe, so I googled up and found lots of good food review. and therefore, I went to Awesome Canteen with high expectation.

The interior
some vintage tv as decoration. 

The waiter came and distribute the menus to each of us, but we were more likely to chit chat and snap pictures. The boyfriend was the cameraman of the night, cause I told him that I wanna enjoy my food more than taking pictures. Haha. So here's me having dilemma on which food should I order.


Awesome Canteen servers variety of foods from Asian fusion, breakfast, fast food to burger/sandwiches with western inspiration. The most food review I read was their burger, so I decided to order burger for myself.



The price range of the main course is around MYR20 to MYR40. I do not remember the name of each food I took, but I could tell what's on the plate.

Grilled chicken risotto

Grilled chicken

Mushroom soup with garlic bread
 It's been awhile since I used this cup. I was only a primary school student when I used this kind of cup to drink milo after a day from school. The garlic soup is good, not too thick, not so watery, just the way I like it.

Nachos with special dips. 
 As appetizer, I ordered some nachos for the table. The dip is their signature. It tastes so so good and it goes well with the nachos. Thumps up for this.

My beef burger
 The burger is a little big huge, I could not finish it all. I barely bite the whole burger, sauces and vege were dropping one by one. and I ended up only eaten the bun, ate the beef patty separately. The chips is nice, and if I am not mistaken, it was not potato chips, but sweet potato chips which make the whole meal slightly healthier. Haha.

Grilled beef
look at that face. 

love is in the air. look at how Thol stares with his smile. 
After our dinner, the waiter came with Amina's cake and sing her birthday song.


and we ended our night with lots of wefies.

Iuthi. Me. Amina. Maureen
Maureen. Iuthi
Amina. Me. Boyfriend.

Awesome Canteen
9, Jalan 20/13, Taman Paramount,
Petaling Jaya, Selangor

03-7865 8048

Served only from Tuesday to Sunday

Pork and alcohol free. 

No comments